With the school year quickly approaching, we are planning another technology handout. With over 1,350 devices handed out, we still have over 100 students that need to pick up a laptop. This Thursday will be an opportunity to do so.
A third round of Laptop distribution will be happening at Sheldon High School on Thursday, September 17th from 1-5:00pm. If you have not yet picked up your laptop, please come on this day.
We are planning to do this on Thursday unless the air quality remains at hazardous levels. If air quality has not significantly improved, we will put a message on the Sheldon school website stating that the technology pick up has been cancelled. We will also include a message letting students and families know the hours that the distribution will happen on Friday.
In order to maintain physical distancing and help everyone stay safe, we will plan to observe the following protocols:
- Students and families should arrive in only ONE car if driving.
- Only people that are picking up an item should exit the vehicle.
- All people arriving on campus must wear a face covering.
- Staff will wear masks and gloves and maintain social distancing.
- Signs will be posted regarding social distancing.
- Staff will be on hand to help maintain 6’ distancing.
- Please wash your hands both before and after the event.
- Students and staff will not hand off items directly. Items will be placed in containers or on tables during the pickup.
We are asking that either the student themselves or their parent/guardian pick up a laptop for the student. It will help speed up the process if you have a recent student ID or the student’s 4J ID number.
Just as a reminder, all students are encouraged to pick up a 4J laptop for their online learning this year. Even if you have your own device, it will be important that you have a 4J laptop to use this fall. The laptops will include programs and applications that you will be using in your classes that can be updated remotely throughout the school year. Allowing students to pick up computers, prior to the start of the school year, will enable them to “get to know” the devices so that they will have used them before the September 21 start of school.
Sheldon High School