Winter weather is on its way! Here is some key information families need to know. When hazardous weather is a concern, decisions regarding schedule changes are made in the early morning, before school, when current weather conditions can be assessed. Decisions are made district wide and are the same for every 4J school.
Our main concern is the safety of our students and staff. We also believe students and families are best served when schools are open. We will always do our best to make the best decision possible, taking into account all of the factors.
How to Find Out: If there is a change in the school schedule or bus routes, it will be announced in several ways, all normally before 6:30 a.m., including:
- District website: A notice will be posted on this website’s homepage, www.4j.lane.edu.
- District social media: A notice will be posted on the following social media channels:
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/4Jschools
- Twitter accounts: @4Jschools and @4Jweather
- Text-message alerts will be sent to Twitter subscribers who follow 4JWeather AND have their mobile phone number attached to their account.
- Local news media will share closure or delay information on their websites and broadcasts.