Sheldon High School Library
Search for books in the Library Catalog:
click on DESTINY
Audiobooks and eBooks (log into your 4J Google account first)
All 4J Students: You can get a free Eugene Public Library card, even if you live outside of city limits! Applications are here: English/Spanish, or in the Library (15 and under need a parent signature). You can also call 541-682-5450 to get set up if you only want to access the Eugene Public Library’s online resources.
Join the Sheldon Book Club — Mondays at Lunch in the courtyard outside the library (while the weather lasts)
If weather gets nasty then we may meet via Zoom: Zoom Meeting Link (log into your 4J Google account first)
All overdue items should be returned to either the textbook return slot (for class books) next to the textbook window across from the front office, or to the library book return slot inside the library at the circulation counter. If you are online only, you can make arrangements with Mrs. Mertz (541-790-6663) or Ms. Kunz (541-790-6662) to drop items off curbside at the school.
- Checkout is for three weeks.
- Books may be renewed twice.
- Overdue fines apply after 60 days, up to a max of $10 for each title. (late fines are suspended during COVID closure)
- Students with clean records may check out as many books as they want to be responsible for.
My motto is that I’d rather lose a book than a reader. Keep in mind, though, lost or damaged books must be paid for and can be quite expensive, so please treat our resources respectfully.
For graduating seniors, diplomas and transcripts may be withheld if books are not returned or fines paid.
The mission of the school library program is to:
- provide access to high quality information resources;
- teach information literacy so that students and staff are effective, efficient and ethical users of information;
- promote literacy and a lifelong love of reading and learning.