When students are absent, parents or guardians should email the Attendance Secretary at Sheldon_attendance@4j.lane.edu or call the Sheldon Attendance line at 541-790-6606.
Requests to excuse absences must be received within 48 hours of the absence.
When leaving a message please speak slowly and clearly. Be sure to provide the following information.
- Name of person calling (and relationship to student)
- Phone number of person calling
- Spelling the First and Last name of student.
- Six digit student ID number (if you have it)
- Date(s) and period(s) of the absence or tardy
- Reason for the absence. Appointment? Please specify if it’s a “health related” appointment (medical, dental, counseling, PT, etc.) or “other” (insurance, DMV, passport, etc.).
What to do if the student is incorrectly marked Absent/Tardy or Late/Very Late.
Our teachers are asked to record attendance within 10 minutes of the start of each class. If your student arrives after the first 10 minutes, a marking of absent may be changed to “very late”. It’s an interruption to class for a teacher to go back to change attendance once class has started. Any unauthorized absence from class of 10+ minutes may be identified as “very late” by a teacher, even if it takes place in the middle of the class period. If a mark of late/very late/absent is incorrect, please contact the teacher.
Homework Requests: Please check with your student’s teachers by email (or better yet, have your student check with his/her teachers). Email addresses and class web pages can be found on the website at https://devshs.4j.lane.edu/staff-list/ . Teachers may leave paper assignments in the Office for you to pick up.
If the student will miss more than 2 full days of school due to a planned reason, use the Pre-arranged Absence Form available in the Attendance Office or on the link below.
- Attendance Policy Page, or for a printable copy of this document Download this PDF.
- Truancy Law
- Truancy Law – Spanish