SHELDON HIGH SCHOOL
May 28, 2021
Sheldon High School is currently not open to the public. We have staff in the building Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, checking both email and phone lines to help answer any questions. You can reach our main office at 541-790-6600.
2021 GRADUATION INFORMATION:
Every 4J high school will hold a virtual graduation ceremony on Thursday, June 10. An “optional,” in-person ceremony will be on Friday, June 11 (for all IHS seniors) and Wednesday, June 16 (for all Sheldon seniors). See specifics attached.
CLASS OF 2021 CHECKLIST:
Mark your calendar for Senior Distribution Day THIS Thursday, May 20 from 11:30 am – 3:30 pm. Items that will be available are awards, senior yard signs, cap and gown, and any announcements or senior items not picked up, yet. There is an opportunity to have a photo taken and to sign the senior shield. The up-to-date Class of 2021 Checklist is attached.
SENIOR GRAD PARTY INFO:
The planning committee for year-end celebrations has provided the Senior Car Parade information with route attached. Please contact Sandi Sperry or Kelly Thomas for information.
INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE FAMILIES:
The process is simple and applications are being accepted now. Being a host is not only a great experience for the student, but for you and/or your family as well. Hosting a student is anywhere from a few weeks to 10 months. Answers to all your questions on being a Host Family can be found at our website and 4J’s district page: www.panatlanticfoundation.org/faq1.html | International Exchange Program (lane.edu)
Still have questions? Please contact Pan Atlantic Foundation, Area Representative – Sandy Paul at 541-337-6074 or via email at email@example.com.
2021 – 2022 KEY DATES:
- 09.09 – Transition Day for Selected Grades
- 09.10 – First Day of School
- 12.18 – 01.03 – Winter Break
- 03.21 – 03.25 – Spring Break
- 06.17 – Last Day of School (unless make up days)
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS:
- 06.02 – Bee Rescue
- 06.09 – Greenhill Humane Society (small animals)
Click here to join: Vitual Field Trips
LANE COUNTY VACCINATIONS AT 4J SCHOOLS:
- When: Wednesdays 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Where: Churchill HS Cafeteria, 1850 Bailey Hill
- When: Fridays 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Where North Eugene HS, 200 Silver Ln
- Lane County Scheduling 4J Clinic Information
SUMMER BRIDGE 2021:
Have fun AND feel ready for high school? You can! August 2-6, 2021 at Sheldon Summer Bridge.
Check out the flyer (with embedded link to the Registration Form) here:
Registration Due by June 4, 2021
¿Divertirte Y sentirte listo para la escuela secundaria? ¡Sí se puede! 2-6 de agosto, 2021 en Sheldon Summer Bridge.
Para más información y formulario de registro, haz clic aquí:
Fecha limite de registro: 4 de Junio, 2021
SUMMER INTENSIVE PROGRAMS:
Let’s continue the learning! Eugene School District 4J’s summer intensive program for students entering grades 9–12 provides an opportunity to extend their learning into the summer months and earn high school credit at the same time. 4J teachers have designed the courses to engage students in innovative learning. Course offerings cover a wide range of topics including woodworking, stop motion animation, financial literacy, infectious disease, cooking, engineering design, Native American art and culture, watercolor painting, and more.
Register today! The first course begins July 2, 2021. Most courses will be held in-person.
2021 ACE AWARDS CEREMONY:
Each year parents, students and colleagues nominate outstanding 4J employees for recognition in the annual ACE Awards program. The 2021 ACE Awards ceremony will be held virtually due to the coronavirus pandemic.
ACE Awards Ceremony
Thursday, June 3, 6:00 pm
Livestream on facebook.com/4Jschools
MEAL BOX AVAILABILITY:
Eugene School District 4J will offer free grab-and-go meal boxes for 4J students and other youth up to age 18 every Wednesday. No application or pre-registration is required. Home delivery will no longer be provided. There are no income requirements and families can pick up meals at any location. Vegetarian, made-without-gluten, and soy milk options are available.
Wednesdays through June 30, 12:45 – 2:15 pm
- Cal Young Middle School, 2555 Gilham Road
- Kennedy Middle School, 2200 Bailey Hill Road
- Madison Middle School, 875 Wilkes Drive
- Monroe Middle School, 2800 Bailey Lane
- Roosevelt Middle School, 500 E. 24th Ave.
- Spencer Butte Middle School, 500 E. 43rd Ave.
- 05.31 – NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day)
- 06.02 – School Board Meeting 7:00 pm
- 06.03 – ACE Awards Celebration
- 06.10 – High School Graduation
- 06.11 – IHS “optional” in-person Ceremony
- 06.16 – Sheldon “optional” in-person Ceremony
- 06.17 – Last Day of School
- EVERY Thursday – Coffee chats (English)